
In eighth grade one of the cutest boys in my class called me at home one day. I think I was shocked more than anyone that he was calling me. It was a spring day and I had a habit of opening my windows, despite my mother’s constant chastisement. I sat on my bed and leaned up against the two foot wall between two of my windows to feel the cool Texas spring breeze. After about an hour of a very mature and flirty conversation, I readjusted myself to get more comfortable and misjudged how far I had moved to the left. I leaned right into the window, popping the screen out and doing a back flip into the front yard. I thought that I could still recover from my mishap but it was too late. I had dropped the phone and he heard me scream. I lied to him and said that I had just dropped the phone. Of course after recanting the story to my best friend, the entire school knew, including cute boy. I wish that was the last time something equally mortifying happened in my dating experience. Sadly, it still continues.
2 comments:
LOL, you are funny!
What a great story! And I'm glad you were on the ground floor...
Post a Comment