Monday, October 6, 2008

Anticipated Visit

So I get really hot when I am sleeping so I usually crack the window in my room before I go to bed. As per usual, I did this last night before tucking myself into bed with a great book. When my alarm went off I started to get out of bed and quickly changed my mind....it was FREEZING! This put me in a little bit of a grouchy mood. It was already Monday AND I hate waking up really hot or really cold. It just bugs. Anyway, I eventually convinced myself that it was time to get out of bed (I had to be at work in 45 minutes and it takes about 20 to get there) so pulled on one of my favorite sweaters and headed out the door. As I was driving down my street I realized that I had left my breakfast on the counter (a somewhat soggy apple because I ate about 50 cookies last night...each with 260 calories...you do the math, I prefer NOT to think about it!). So this lovely crisp morning was off to somewhat of a rough start. I thought I would call my old DC roomie Rachel at work just to bug her...no answer, although her intern that answered the phone was very helpful. Then I get stuck behind possibly the slowest driver in SLC, which I might add was probably the only driver in this town that actually drives the speed limit besides me. Grr...





So I'm settling into my office when my coworker announces that it's our other co-worker's birthday and she wants her cake now. So I got breakfast! Cake for breakfast happens to be one of my favorite things!

Then Rachel calls me back and guess what?!?!? She's coming to town next week for work and I get to hang out with her! I am seriously so excited!

I have been missing DC lately... a lot actually. I really miss my old roommate Rachel. We had some really great times. Here's a picture of us one goofy summer night at the FDR Memorial.



I seriously miss this girl! She always puts me in my place and tells me when I need to just shut up BUT I of course do the exact same thing back to her! She is a great friend and roommate and I am grateful for such a great friendship.

Rachel seriously made my day by telling me she was coming to visit! It will be nice to have a bit of my DC life collide with my new life here in SLC. Thanks for turning my frown upside down Rach! You're the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I miss you too! We DID have some goooood times. :) I can't wait to see you!

P.S. Seriously, though-- you could've picked a better picture of the two of us. ;P That was such a fun night, though!

Kaylyn said...

I heart Rachel too :)